Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sight Word Practice

My first graders always need practice with their sight words. You know what else they always need practice with?  Sentences!






I decided to combine the two and have them practice writing sentences with sight words.  I use these worksheets for morning work and for literacy centers.  If you need a literacy center, print out the word cards and have your students arrange them into a sentence. 




They can then do the practice page that matches the sentence.



Added bonus:  They get handwriting practice AND they have to show that they comprehend the sentence by illustrating.  Lots of literacy practice in one quick and easy print and go center!  All part of my work smarter not harder philosophy.  How's that working for me...it's a work in progress ;)

Click on the picture below to take you to my TpT store and the Build a Sentence packets and bundle.





No comments :

Post a Comment